The beautiful new SeaGreen houses for sale in Greystones offer you the chance to realise your dreams of owning your own home in a perfect location. Whether you are interested in a three-bedroom Portland, four-bedroom Bellevue or Wyndham, or five-bedroom Somerby home, these top quality, high-spec and luxurious new builds provide spacious and comfortable living space for you and your growing family in an area that offers great transport links, the best educational facilities, a thriving local town, and of course, a great lifestyle with the mountains and the sea on your doorstep.
Whether you are looking to find that first home to start a family, or are considering returning to Ireland to settle down, the homes at SeaGreen represent outstanding value, and the Help To Buy Rebate on offer means now is a great time to get that mortgage and register your interest.
However, securing your mortgage can be a difficult process, so we want to make it easier, and ensure your application is as perfect as your new SeaGreen home will be.
Here’s what you need to know to make your mortgage application successful.
The Financial Health Check
In order to secure your mortgage, you will need to show the following in your application:
- A secure income (€35,000 per year for single applicants and €60,000 for joint applicants)
- A deposit of 10% of the purchase price up to €220,000 and 20% on the excess, though exceptions can be applied at the discretion of the lender
- Proof you can make repayments allowing for a 2% increase in rates
- Proof of financial prudence
The Mortgage Application Checklist
While every mortgage provider or lender has different criteria, the following are standard requirements you need to include in your application:
- Proof of identity and proof of address – include your passport or driver’s licence and a utility bill from within the last three months
- A completed salary certificate – you can get this from your employer to show proof of your annual earnings and regular income
- An annual earnings statement (such as a P60) – again, your employer should be able to provide this
- Three recent payslips or paid invoices – as well as providing proof of your regular income, this also shows that you are financially prudent and are capable of keeping accounts
- Current account and saving account statements for the last 6 months – these statements will also show you are financially sound and capable of making repayments
- Up to date statements on any existing loans for the last 12 months – lenders will need to know if you have any other repayment commitments that may affect your ability to pay your mortgage
- Credit card statements for the last three to six months – another measure to show you are financially prudent and able to make regular and timely payments
- As the SeaGreen houses are a new build, the Structural Guarantee Certificate would be required, and we are happy to provide this proof that all of our new homes are designed and built to the highest possible standards
- If you are self-employed, you should provide a completed accountant’s report, detailed business accounts for the last two years, business account statements for the last six months, a summary statement of all assets and liabilities and balance statements from revenue
The Mortgage Deal
It is worth noting that as well as requiring different criteria for mortgage applications, each mortgage provider or lender will offer different mortgage types and it is advisable to investigate which one will best suit your needs. Buying a home is one of life’s biggest decisions, and you need to be sure you are with the right lender to help you make this decision.
Mortgages can come at fixed or variable rates, with each lender offering different rates to applicants, so again, it is advisable to look at the mortgage that will work for you.
The Helping Hand
Fixed rate, variable rate, two-year, five-year, capped rate, tracker, split rate – there are a lot of different mortgage deals on offer from many lenders, on top of which are cash-back and other incentives, so finding the best mortgage option for you can be overwhelming, which is why it may be advisable to seek help from an independent mortgage broker.
A broker will not only help you put together your application, they can also bring their industry knowledge and expertise into the equation, are more flexible to suit your working day, and can even secure a better deal for you than you might do on your own.
Now is the ideal time to secure your mortgage and realise your dream of owning your own home, and at SeaGreen, that perfect home is waiting for you.
Find out all you need to know about mortgages and how to successfully apply for one by downloading the SeaGreen Guide To Getting your Mortgage.